Summer, to some, may mean bikinis and cut-off denim short-shorts, but to me the season means stripes — lots and lots of stripes. Perhaps it’s some sort of Tadzio in Death in Venice thing (though those were blue-and-white), but I can never get enough of classic summer stripes.
1. Adrienne Vittadini, Vogue, December 1987.
2. Neil Kirk for Vogue Deutsch, April 1987. Clothing by Genny.
3. Steven Meisel for Vogue, April 1985. Clothing by Betty Hanson.
4. Gilles Bensimon for Elle, June 1988.
5. Forenza/The Limited, Elle, October 1987.
6. Denis Piel for Vogue, May 1987. Clothing by Joseph Bis.
7. Sonia Rykiel, Vogue, August 1987. Photograph by Dominique Issermann.
8. Joan Vass USA, Vogue, March 1989.
9. Bill Blass/I. Magnin, Vogue, March 1986. Photograph by Victor Skrebneski.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.