It must be summer because I’ve finally gotten around to giving myself a pedicure and painting my toenails hot pink. Fingernail colour is too high-maintenance for me but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate all the fabulous ads and editorials featuring slick, polished nails.
1. Sally Hansen, Glamour, September 1982.
2. Revlon, Vogue, June 1984.
3. Denis Piel for Vogue, December 1984.
4. Irving Penn for Vogue, September 1989.
5. Revlon, Mademoiselle, March 1984.
6. Natural Wonder, Seventeen, August 1985.
7. Natural Wonder, Seventeen, June 1987.
8. Sally Hansen, Vogue, October 1986.
9. Christian Dior nail colour, American Vogue, April 1981.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.