Going through so many fashion images every week, it’s easy to get a bit cynical seeing page after page of models in the same old contorted poses making the same old haughty (and oh-so-serious) fashion faces. So when I stumble upon something a little different, a little silly or cheesy, it breaks the monotony, pushes away any cynicism and reminds me that fashion can indeed still be fun.
1. Joanna Pacula photographed by Denis Piel for Vogue, February 1983. Clothing by OMO Norma Kamali.
2. Ross Whitaker for Seventeen, June 1981.
3. Charlotte Lewis, featured in Vogue, September 1986. Photograph by Denis Piel.
4. Christian Dior Eyewear, Vogue, June 1983.
5. Revlon, Vogue, May 1980.
6. Hiro for Vogue, March 1982.
7. Brooke Shields Jeanswear Collection, Seventeen, August 1985.
8. Richard Avedon for Vogue, April 1981.
9. Robin Wright, photographed by Neil Kirk for Vogue, January 1988.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.