What’s fun? Old pictures of celebrities from the 1980s, that’s what. While some of these then-fresh faces have fared better than others, and sadly one is no longer with us (R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett), looking back at these dolled-up gals is a perfect way to pass the time as we look forward to the weekend.
1. Courteney Cox photographed by Charles Bush for Los Angeles magazine, April 1989. Jacket by Mrs. Taki’s Kids; dress by It’s Hot Hawaii.
2. Demi Moore, Us magazine, October 17, 1988. Photograph by Alberto Tolot.
3. Diane Lane, photographed by Uli Rose for Seventeen, May 1980.
4. Meg Ryan, Us magazine, October 17, 1988. Photograph by Matthew Rolston.
5. Julia Roberts, photographed by Brigitte Lacombe for Mirabella, November 1989. Sweater by Perry Ellis America.
6. Cybill Shepherd, photographed by Francesco Scavullo for Harper’s Bazaar, September 1986. Clothing by Gianfranco Ferré.
7. Rebecca De Mornay, photographed by Marco Glaviano for Harper’s Bazaar, December 1984.
8. Maria Shriver, photographed by Francesco Scavullo for Harper’s Bazaar, September 1986. Clothing by Valentino.
9. Farrah Fawcett, photographed by Richard Avedon for Vogue, April 1981. Clothing by Norma Kamali.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.