It’s Halloween so rounding up a gaggle of extreme makeup images from the 1980s seemed totally appropriate. These aren’t everyday looks, even by extreme ’80s standards, but today isn’t an everday-day. Happy Halloween!
1. Irving Penn for Vogue, September 1983.
2. Irving Penn for Vogue, May 1983.
3. Taxi magazine, November 1987. Photomontage by John Chan.
4. Paloma Picasso, photographed by Richard Avedon for Vogue, November 1980.
5. Irving Penn for Vogue, October 1987. Makeup by Kevyn Aucoin.
6. Irving Penn for Vogue, March 1986. Makeup by Tyen.
7. Christian Dior Maquillage, Vogue, March 1986.
8. Roger Eaton for Seventeen, November 1985.
9. Art Kane for Harper’s Bazaar, January 1983.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.