Whenever I find an item I really, really like I’m always tempted to toss around the classic I’ll take one in every colour! To date, this grandiose scene has never quite happened — when I start thinking about it seriously there’s always a colour (or three) that I get stuck on, knowing I’ll never wear or use it because of. But never mind that. Eighties’ ads featuring multi-colour options are much more fun anyway, not to mention much easier on the wallet.
1. Martex, Vogue, May 1980.
2. Danskin, Mademoiselle, September 1985.
3. Kmart, Glamour, March 1980.
4. Gucci, Elle, December 1987.
5. Sandler of Boston, Mademoiselle, November 1981.
6. Reebok, Glamour, November 1984.
7. Esprit, Seventeen, August 1983.
8. Danskin, Glamour, December 1980.
9. L’Eggs, Glamour, March 1985.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.