Though he may be best known for his long run shooting the sexy covers of Cosmopolitan magazine, photographer Francesco Scavullo spent much of the early/mid-1980s shooting portraits of all the most popular models and female celebrities for big-name magazines like Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar. His work was always sultry, sexy (of course), and distinctly his.
All photographs by Francesco Scavullo originally appeared in the following magazines:
1. Sissy Spacek, Harper’s Bazaar, December 1984.
2. Vogue, May 1980. Sweater by Paavia.
3. Jerry Hall and Lizzie Jagger, Harper’s Bazaar, August 1985.
4. Vogue, April 1981. Clothing by Valentino.
5. Cybill Shepherd, Harper’s Bazaar, September 1986. Clothing by Gianfranco Ferré.
6. Vogue, May 1980. Clothing by Oscar de la Renta.
7. Harper’s Bazaar, September 1985.
8. Lisa Bonet, Harper’s Bazaar, September 1986. Clothing by Jean Paul Gaultier.
9. Vogue, November 1980. Clothing by Léonard of Paris.