Fringe, it seems, is everywhere these days. From boots to jackets, from swimsuits to pretty much everything Amanda made on Project Runway’s last season. The last time fringe flooded the fashion world in any big way was in the 1980s — and many of those looks would fit right in during the latest fringe frenzy.
1. Francesco Scavullo for Vogue, November 1980. Swimsuit by Giorgio Sant’Angelo.
2. Un Deux Trois, Flare, September 1989.
3. Guess/Georges Marciano, Vogue, November 1986. Photograph by Wayne Maser.
4. Perry Ellis, Vogue, August 1988.
5. Amy Irving photographed by Gilles Bensimon for Elle, January 1987. Jacket by Banana Republic
6. Capezio West, Glamour, March 1982.
7. Geoffrey Beene, Vogue, September 1987.
8. Oliviero Toscani for Elle, November 1985.
9. Oliviero Toscani for Vogue, March 1989. Pants by North Beach Leather.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.