Metallic were an ’80s favourite that’s recently seen quite the comeback. Though the drapey, shoulder-padded gold lamé blouse didn’t quite make the cut this time around, there are plenty of vintage styles from the 1980s that could easily fit right in at a holiday bash, circa 2014.
1. Irving Penn for Vogue, August 1988. Clothing by Jean Paul Gaultier.
2. Gilles Bensimon for Elle, November 1985.
3. Au Coton, Flare, September 1989.
4. Estée Lauder, Mirabella, November 1989. Photograph by Victor Skrebneski.
5. Lynh for Elle, January 1987.
6. Irving Penn for Vogue, August 1989.
7. Monet, Seventeen, February 1980.
8. Rebecca De Mornay, photographed by Marco Glaviano for Harper’s Bazaar, December 1984. Sunglasses by Ray-Ban.
9. Charles Ford for Vogue Patterns magazine, November/December 1986.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.