Christmas is over and now it’s time to turn our focus to New Year’s. So ditch the ugly ’80s Xmas sweaters and let’s consider these formal looks that were once featured in the decade’s fashion magazines.
1. Michel Momy for Mademoiselle, November 1981.
2. Conair, Seventeen, June 1987.
3. Howard Wolf, Vogue, February 1983.
4. L’Uomo, The Face, January 1986.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Vogue, March 1988. Photograph by Gian Paolo Barbieri.
6. Swatch, Vogue, September 1985. Photograph by Ernst Wirz.
7. Karl Lagerfeld, Vogue, March 1988.
8. Patrick Demarchelier for Vogue Patterns magazine, November/December 1982. Tux jacket pattern by Anne Klein.
9. Moschino, Vogue, September 1987. Photograph by Robert Diadul.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.