Oh, the boomboxes and giant VHS home video cameras, the Polaroids and digital calculator watches. Nothing dates faster than technology in any era and the ’80s is no exception. Here, we’ve gathered a few of our favourite tech-flavoured ads and editorial images.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.
1. Technics, Vogue, November 1980.
2. Care Free Curl, Vogue, July 1984.
3. Panasonic, Vogue, April 1981.
4. Agree Shampoo & Conditioner, ‘Teen magazine, May 1983.
5. Esprit Sport, Seventeen, April 1985. Photograph by Oliviero Toscani.
6. Oliviero Toscani for Elle, May 1988.
7. Happy Legs, Seventeen, April 1985.
8. Marco Glaviano for Vogue, March 1982. Clothing by Samantha Robbins for Sami.
9. Oliviero Toscani for Vogue, April 1985.