1980s fashion was nothing if not dramatic, and occasionally — deliciously — models in the ads and editorials would match the looks by striking a seriously over-the-top pose. Here’s a look at a few favourites.
1. Dominique Issermann for Vogue, December 1984. Dress by Galanos.
2.Ungaro Parallèle, Harper’s Bazaar, September 1986.
3. MGM, Vogue, April 1985.
4. Serge Azar, Vogue, April 1985.
5. H.L. Spencer/Spiegel, Vogue, March 1984.
6. Chloé, Elle, April 1988.
7. Jil Sander, Vogue, October 1986.
8. Claude Montana, Vogue, September 1987. Photograph by Paolo Roversi.
9. Angelica Huston, photographed by Andrea Blanch for Vogue, September 1985.
Trend Bazaar is a light-hearted, weekly feature showcasing fads spotted in ’80s fashion adverts and editorials.